CUSTOMER SUCCESS AND BUSINESS LEADER with a passion for guiding customers down the path of success in solving business challenges with innovative technology solutions. Extensive experience navigating businesses from small to enterprise in a variety of industry verticals. Very comfortable interacting at all levels, from C-level and Line-of-Business to IT, with a strong focus on customer success and long-term value. Proficient in software adoption/deployment (especially in the SaaS space), sales support, proposal generation, software and services pricing, financial management and forecasting and contract negotiations.
Cloudera | May 2019 – May 2020
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
As the Customer Success Manager to four of our largest accounts, ultimately my role is ensuring that our customers are getting the most value for the money they are spending. Our solution can be deployed on-prem, public/private cloud, as well as hybrid cloud and includes close to twenty different open source projects from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem. With such a broad scope of technologies and use cases, my role is a mix of technology, sales, services, and strategy so I wear many hats on a daily basis.
In this technology-focused customer success role, I am responsible for many things including: identifying additional use cases, strategizing and engaging professional services, internal escalation and management of critical support cases, customer updates on our product roadmap, measuring contract entitlement and consumption, training recommendations, and working closely with the overall account team.
Of the overall Apache Hadoop ecosystem, I spend most of my time with NiFi, Kafka, HBase, Storm, Impala, Spark, and Kudu.
IBM | June 2015 – May 2019
CHANNEL SALES EXECUTIVE
As a Channel Sales Executive, I was responsible for driving IBM Software Sales in the Channel for our Communications, Distribution, Federal, and Western Canada markets. Some of the responsibilities in this role include sales strategy, utilizing our current sales plays to drive sales with partners, coordinating sales efforts with both partners and IBM reps, and identifying strategic solutions from partners that can be leveraged to drive additional sales.
I also worked very closely with our direct reps working their account lists to identify strategies for penetrating those accounts, negotiating pricing, structuring deals, and acting as the subject matter expert for our reps when it comes to the appropriate solutions for their customers.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS AND SOFTWARE ADOPTION LEADER – NORTH AMERICA
Responsible for ensuring that our existing ELA customers are successful with the software they have purchased so that we can expand our footprint in those accounts. This involved the proactive selling of deployment opportunities to both internal resources (sales, tech sales, services) and external teams (Business Partner and Customers).
This role involves analysis of our current and ever-changing financial exposure to allow us to focus on our most “at risk” accounts. In addition to the analysis required, I am also required to be fully-trained on our solutions, give a high-level demo if required, and work on sales strategy with both our internal and external resources.
In addition to software adoption, I work directly with our Worldwide team on the process and analysis around IBM’s Net Promoter Score (NPS). This is an initiative that is driven from “the top” and is key to our long-term success.
BUSINESS UNIT DEPLOYMENT LEADER – NORTH AMERICA
Responsible for ensuring that the IBM Collaboration and Talent Solutions software that was sold at large, enterprise customers is deployed and does not become “shelfware”. Specifically, across all of North America, I coordinate with the direct sales, technical sales, services teams, and Business Partners across the various regions to ensure customer satisfaction with our products.
In addition to working on the deployment of our Collaboration software “on prem”, I also spend a lot of time working with the Channels team and our Business Partners to help activate our customers on IBM’s Cloud platform.
Both efforts involve extensive interaction with all levels, from technical to executive. Much of my time is spent developing deployment and sales strategies around these large customers and our solutions. There is also a lot of work on financial forecasting related to the financial impacts that these very large, multi-year ELAs have on our Business Unit.
GENERAL MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
August 2017 – Present
Adeo Web – eCommerce Solutions
Adeo Web focuses on building, optimizing, and maintaining successful eCommerce websites for customers of any size. We offer the complete project team, from UX/UI to back-end development, all using an Agile methodology. Key technology focus is currently around Magneto, Shopify, Shopgate, and Akeneo. My primary role is to drive the sales and growth of the US office while also responsible for the basic operational functions of a small organization.
March 2015 – Present
Nova Advisors – Business Coaching and Mentoring
Business Coach and Mentor for small to medium-sized organizations focusing mostly on business development and operational items. Key areas include:
* Business Development
* Sales Strategy
* Business Strategy
* Compensation Modeling
OWNER / CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER – 1998-March 2015
Alpine Consulting, Inc. – IT and ecommerce consulting firm for Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies.
It was critical, as a start-up, that Alpine immediately establish its business through client acquisition while rapidly developing several scalable practices for delivery.
Initial concentration was on business development plus the delivery of IT-specific services, while also developing delivery knowledge internally with the rest of the team.
- Recruited and trained all personnel in IT practices. Grew trained personnel from five to 42.
- Lead organization’s certification requirements and related planning to ensure IBM remains the centerpiece of Alpine’s business, as IBM offerings are 75% of revenue.
- Conduct pre-sales support including coordination of resources, creation of project estimates, project planning as well as vendor/partner relationships when appropriate.
- Handle significant client and vendor contract negotiations, teaming with Alpine legal counsel to ensure quality is maintained and risk managed.
- Manage all Human Resource Compensation, Insurance provider relationships and Employee Benefit Administration.
- Successfully led the financial aspect of company operations, navigating multiple economic downturns while each time reinventing the organization, leading to growth from inception to $8.3M annual revenue.
OWNER / CONSULTANT – 1997-1998
Siok Information Services, Inc. – Offered AS/400, Synon and architect-level consulting.
As a new consulting company, it was critical to focus on customer acquisition, utilization, and necessary operational processes and procedures.
Immediately grew the business to achieve a billable utilization that was consistently over 90%.
- Productively engaged with the same customer for over five years which led to expansion of the account from one to five resources.
- Maintained a high degree of customer satisfaction across all customers over multiple years.
- Brought extensive book of business to Alpine in 1998.
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS – 1996-1997
Intrepid Consulting, Inc. – Pioneered consulting work in rapidly changing technology environment.
Like most new and growing companies, there was a strong need for staff development, professional services practices, and a scalable infrastructure.
With an eye toward future acquisition and corporate growth, developed our existing staff, growing the teams, putting some practices in place, and setting up the necessary communications infrastructure for growth.
- Grew the Enterprise Solutions practice from inception to seven resources until the company was acquired in 1997 by a UK-based firm, Intelligent Environments.
- Designed and implemented training to migrate a nationwide staff of object-oriented developers from Smalltalk to Java using the IBM Visual Age toolset.
- OWNER / CONSULTANT – Siok Information Services, Inc.
- INFORMATION ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – Protégé Systems, Inc.
- CASE SPECIALIST / CONSULTANT – Technology Consulting Corporation
- SENIOR CONSULTANT – Synon Consulting, Inc.
- SYSTEM OPERATOR / CONSULTANT – American Autogard Corporation
- COMPUTING ADVISOR / SPECIALIST – Loyola University Medical Center
BS – Computer Science – Rockford University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Collaboration Framework – Level 1
- IBM Volunteers – Gold
- Cloud & Cognitive Patterns
- SaaS Essentials for Technical Sales
- IBM Mentor
- Cloud Essentials 1
- Cloud Technical Sales Foundations
- IBM Big Data Solution Sales Professional
- IBM Information Management Solution Sales Professional
- IBM Rational IT Solution Sales Professional