LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/in/joesiok
IT/BUSINESS LEADER successful in delivering imaginative IT Strategic Plans coupled with effective implementation of those plans to achieve business goals and objectives. Skilled at driving results by building successful IT infrastructures coupled with strong financial management, sales support, contract negotiations and recruiting and training skills. Experienced and knowledgeable at many vertically focused organizations as part of a fruitful consulting career. Selected accomplishments include:
- Business Growth – Led organizational operations while navigating through multiple economic downturns. Result – Steered a growth in revenue from the start to $8.3M.
- Resource Retention – Successfully directed all development teams while inspiring less than 10% turnover.
- Business Development – Drove an award-winning project for a large financial services company. Result – Project netted Alpine more than $3M in revenue.
- Outsourcing Leader – Successfully outsourced our corporate infrastructure to all cloud-based solutions. Result – Prevented over $50K in hardware spend while allowing for more flexibility and scalability.
- Expense Reduction – Directed refinement of Alpine’s benefits structure. Result – Reduced benefit expense by as much as 30% year-over-year, which strategically led to a solid negotiating position with other vendors.
Optimizing Results with Vision, Strategy and Action
Business Unit Deployment Leader – North America – June 2015 – Present
IBM – Collaboration and Talent Solutions Business Unit
Responsible for ensuring that the IBM Collaboration and Talent Solutions software (Connections, Kenexa, Notes/Domino, Box, and Cisco Slack) that was sold at large, enterprise customers is deployed and does not become “shelfware”. Specifically, across all of North America, I coordinate with the direct sales, technical sales, services teams, and Business Partners across the various regions to ensure customer satisfaction with our products.
In addition to working on the deployment of our Collaboration software “on prem”, I also spend a lot of time working with the Channels team and our Business Partners to help activate our customers on IBM’s Cloud platform, mainly around IBM Verse and IBM Connections.
Both efforts involve extensive interaction with all levels, from technical to executive. Much of my time is spent developing deployment and sales strategies around these large customers and our solutions. There is also a lot of work on financial forecasting related to the financial impacts that these very large, multi-year ELAs have on our Business Unit.
For all of the above work, there is considerable strategy and collaboration done with our worldwide organization to ensure a consistent approach across the enterprise.
OWNER – March 2015 – Present
Nova Advisors – Business Coaching and Mentoring
Business Coach and Mentor for small to medium-sized organizations focusing mostly on business development and operational items. Key areas include:
* Business Development * Sales Strategy * Business Strategy
* Recruiting * Compensation Modeling * Marketing
* Operations * Process/Procedure
OWNER / CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER – 1998-March 2015
Alpine Consulting, Inc. – IT and ecommerce consulting firm for Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies.
It was critical, as a start-up, that Alpine immediately establish its business through client acquisition while rapidly developing several scalable practices for delivery.
Initial concentration was on business development plus the delivery of IT-specific services, while also developing delivery knowledge internally with the rest of the team.
- Recruited and trained all personnel in IT practices. Grew trained personnel from five to 42.
- Lead organization’s certification requirements and related planning to ensure IBM remains the centerpiece of Alpine’s business, as IBM offerings are 75% of revenue.
- Conduct pre-sales support including coordination of resources, creation of project estimates, project planning as well as vendor/partner relationships when appropriate.
- Handle significant client and vendor contract negotiations, teaming with Alpine legal counsel to ensure quality is maintained and risk managed.
- Manage all Human Resource Compensation, Insurance provider relationships and Employee Benefit Administration.
- Successfully led the financial aspect of company operations, navigating multiple economic downturns while each time reinventing the organization, leading to growth from inception to $8.3M annual revenue.
OWNER / CONSULTANT – 1997-1998
Siok Information Services, Inc. – Offered AS/400, Synon and architect-level consulting.
As a new consulting company, it was critical to focus on customer acquisition, utilization, and necessary operational processes and procedures.
Immediately grew the business to achieve a billable utilization that was consistently over 90%.
- Productively engaged with the same customer for over five years which led to expansion of the account from one to five resources.
- Maintained a high degree of customer satisfaction across all customers over multiple years.
- Brought extensive book of business to Alpine in 1998.
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS – 1996-1997
Intrepid Consulting, Inc. – Pioneered consulting work in rapidly changing technology environment.
Like most new and growing companies, there was a strong need for staff development, professional services practices, and a scalable infrastructure.
With an eye toward future acquisition and corporate growth, developed our existing staff, growing the teams, putting some practices in place, and setting up the necessary communications infrastructure for growth.
- Grew the Enterprise Solutions practice from inception to seven resources until the company was acquired in 1997 by a UK-based firm, Intelligent Environments.
- Designed and implemented training to migrate a nationwide staff of object-oriented developers from Smalltalk to Java using the IBM Visual Age toolset.
- OWNER / CONSULTANT – Siok Information Services, Inc.
- INFORMATION ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – Protégé Systems, Inc.
- CASE SPECIALIST / CONSULTANT – Technology Consulting Corporation
- SENIOR CONSULTANT – Synon Consulting, Inc.
- SYSTEM OPERATOR / CONSULTANT – American Autogard Corporation
- COMPUTING ADVISOR / SPECIALIST – Loyola University Medical Center
BS – Computer Science – Rockford University (Magna Cum Laude)
- IBM Big Data Solution Sales Professional
- IBM i2 Intelligence Sales Professional
- IBM Information Management Solution Sales Professional
- IBM Rational IT Solution Sales Professional
- IBM Mentor
- IBM SaaS Essentials for Technical Sales