Yes, Ok, for those of you that know me fairly well, it’s been a VERY eventful few weeks since I last wrote. One could argue that I should have blogged, Tweeted, Facebooked, or otherwise communicated more during that time – but it just didn’t feel right. I needed the dust to settle a bit to get my head back on straight. So here we are. Some VERY random thoughts, that I felt the need to share:
- RIP Mom – that’s all I’m going to say here. I need to acknowledge it – not going to ignore it – but also not going to dwell on it here. She passed on 4/28, God bless her, and I will continue the fight against MS.
- That said, How about those Cubbies!? Yes, they lost two in a row to the last place Padres, but over 162 games, I supposed they are bound to lose at least a few. They are still kicking ass, and I have yet to have a bad time at Wrigley. Oh yeah, and no problem selling Cubs tickets this year. Last weekend I sold my Saturday tickets for almost twice face value in less than 5 minutes. Holy crap!?
- If you are in the left lane and there is about a mile of nobody ahead of you, I don’t care if you are doing 145mph or what time of day/night it is – if I come up on your ass, move the Hell out of my way. Or at least don’t shoot at me when I pass. Please.
- Does anyone know of a study being done on people with a disease called Volunteerism (that’s what I am calling it anyway) – the persistent need to volunteer your time to as many causes as possible until your head explodes? If you know someone researching that, I’d like to volunteer. Wait – volunteer to participate in a study on volunteerism!? That thought alone makes my head hurt.
- At the Cubs game last night, I found out that my daughter doesn’t like it when I call someone from opposing team a pu$$y or comment (loudly) that the home plate umpire needs a walker to get to the pitcher’s mound. Go figure.
- I also found out that while my daughter and her friend were no problem on the bike taxi we took back to parking (just for fun), if you add me to the mix, the bike chain seems to come off repeatedly. I’m sure it had nothing to do with me weighing more than both of them combined. Must have been a coincidence right?
- FWIW – I have met some really awesome people connected to MS in the last two weeks. I’m not sure if Mom pointed them my way, but it’s pretty cool, and motivating at the same time. It’s one of the great things about volunteering – meeting great people – LOVE IT!
- Random State Facts – IL has the most rail accidents, Washington State is the worst at loving Justin Bieber, Georgia has the least integrity, and North Dakota has the biggest penises. Go figure. If you want the images that I downloaded with the State facts (not the biggest penises), let me know.
- Rule #2 of the Bro Code – if a bro dies while lifting weights, FIRST put more weight on the bar, THEN dial 911.
- I am told that the bleachers are SOLD OUT at Wrigley on Saturdays for the rest of the season.
Ok – so that’s all for now. I hope you enjoyed. I’m sure there will be more at a later date.
As always, I welcome your thoughts, comments, feedback, and general concerns.